Saturday, February 20, 2010

No more vintage stuff?

So, I got a really good deal on a PS3, so I had to do it! I had a ps3 a long long time ago.. I basically bought one at best buy like 3 years ago, right when they came out. I wanted to buy one, but I did not get up at like 2 am to wait at a store. But, I did go to BB after a final to get some headphones or something. It was just my luck, I saw someone carrying a ps3 box into the store. At this point they were impossible to get so I was kind of interested. This unnamed person, evidently did not want it anymore or something, and they returned it. I was not stalking them, I merely was seeing what was going on. I asked an employee what would happen if it went back on sale, and she said it would; and she pointed to the video game area. The other sales person dropped it off, and seconds later I snatched it up like a vulture. I brought it up to the sales counter and I paid for it. It was like $630, but I didn't care, they were impossible to get. Anyway, I drove home like for 4 and a half hours, went to blockbuster, got some games, bought another game at best buy, and sat down to play. I open the box and started hooking everything up. Then was the moment of truth, about ready to play. Only one thing, there was no remote. The BB I got it at, evidently was too dumb to check and see if there was a controller, and I was just as dumb not to open it up and make sure everything was there. Anyway, it was a huge hassle, I had to call up several stores, sony, and no dice. Eventually I had to talk to the general manager at the store and by this time they had tons of ps3s brand new in the box, so the switched it out. I played it for like 29 days and returned it, I was pissed.

But, I did happen to find one online, and I had to get it. I found Full Auto 2 Battlelines the same game I had rented when I had the system, I really like that game. I found it for a good deal at a used bookstore, and I am a happy camper now. I have to say it is really cool, and fun, but it is huge compared to the wii, obviously. I don't have any blue ray, nor do I have any TVs with hdmi, and so on. I know, I just got a ps3, so I am behind on the times.. And now, my old roomate, can't borrow my ps3 without asking, for a couple days, while I was away, which is nice...

I do still play the original nintendo, so I am way behind the times...

No comments:

Post a Comment